The aim of the non-profit organization OR.NET eV is, based on the results of the BMBF project OR.NET (2012-2016) in the pre-competitive field of medical and technical research and development basic concepts for the secure dynamic networking of components in the operating room and clinic, to evaluate them and to transform them into standardization activities.
These concepts are then to be presented in suitable training and further training courses as well as service offerings in connection with the test and approval in order to secure and expand the sustainability.
Especially the automatic dynamic networking of computer-controlled medical devices in the operating theater and the interaction of these devices with medically approved software is a particular challenge to information and communication technologies (ICT) in the medical application field.
- Service connector, adapting to the IEEE 11073 standard
- Connector Software Development Kit
- Advisory authorization, risk management and test methods for open networked systems
- Consulting Human-machine interaction and UI development for consistent and standard-compliant user interfaces at central control cobblers
- Consulting IEEE 11073 Standard: Data model and protocol
- Presentation of the technology and possibilities of device integration at various locations in Germany on the topic “Networked OP”
- Information events with topics such as standardization, approval, history of networked surgery,…
- Workshops with hands-on for practical implementation
The operational basis of the cooperation is formed by working groups where different topics are dealt with in the context of the club's goals such as:
In order to make the results and activities available to the general public, the presence at various trade fairs and conferences at home and abroad is an essential building block of public relations work. The direct contact, the personal exchange in workshops and sessions, as well as the professional discussions with the interested visitors, are just as important as lectures and demonstration of the current work.
Board of Directors
Dr. Frank Portheine, SurgiTAIX AG, Herzogenrath
Prof. Thomas Neumuth, ICCAS, Universität Leipzig
Prof. Martin Leucker, ISP, Universität zu Lübeck
Board of Industry:
Marc Stanesby, steute Schaltgeräte GmbH & Co. KG, Löhne
Board of Clinic:
PD Dr. Michael Czaplik, Klinik für Anästhesie, Uniklinikum Aachen
Board of Standardization:
Dr. Stefan Schlichting, Drägerwerk AG & Co. KGaA , Lübeck
Board of Risk Management and Approval:
Dr. Armin Janß, CeMPEG e.V., Aachen
- 57% - Companies
- 29% - Research institutes
- 9% - Clinics
- 5% - Associations